Monday, September 17, 2012

Love.


Love. 
Some say it’s just a word.  I say it’s a whole lot more than that.  
Love is the strongest, most powerful, and the most unstable emotion humans have. 
Some say they have never been in love, that we are too young to feel true love. 
I couldn’t disagree more. 
I have been in-love with the same person for three years now, and there isn’t a single doubt in my mind that it isn’t real. 
I have felt the highest of highs when I am with this person, happiness that I could never express in words.  Where my heart stops when I catch them looking at me, or when they reach for my hand because they want to hold it just as much as I want it held. 
I have also felt the sharpest of pains due to this person.   For it is the wounds inside that hurt the most.  And emotional heartbreak is something you could never explain to someone, it is an agonizing pain of its own. 
Love makes you vulnerable. 
But in the end, I have found the rewards that come with allowing yourself to fall in love, are worth the risk.

Love is bittersweet.

2 comments:

  1. Bittersweet.

    I was coloring with my kids the other day and that was the name of the crayon I was holding. I think I'm going to put that in the next piece I write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they reach for my hand because they want to hold it just as much as I want it held. Stolen

    ReplyDelete