Monday, December 10, 2012

Prisoner Of Emotions

 
 

Prisoner of Emotions

 

in a room full of emptiness,
i am lost, searching for something,
i do not know, searching for something,
that is already within;

confused, tensed, happy, sad,
torn, broken, scared, jubilant,
its a barrage of emotions,
trying to drown me in a sea of sorrow;

is it a fear of the unknown tomorrow?
or is it a confusion of the present?
maybe it is about what happened yesterday?

obessesed by a dream of better life,
i am searching for nothing,
i am being led astray from one to another,
dragging me to the depths of hell and to the highs of heaven;

unable to find the power to fight,
i feel myself being dragged,
against my wishes,
and made into a prisoner of emotions.

Written By: Praveen

 

I like this poem because I feel everyone could relate to it in one way or another.  I like that its deep, and I like the line “obsessed by a dream of a better life, I am searching for nothing”.  I think a lot of us are trying to find ourselves and what we want to be when we grow up.  I want to make an amazing life for myself, but I don’t know where to find it.  I don’t know where I should go after high school, or what I will love doing for the rest of my life.  A career is a scary thing, I just hope I choose mine wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment