Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm not writing for YOU anymore.


I’m not writing for you anymore.

We all try to write for each other, what would others like to read, how to impress everyone else in the class. How can we get on Mr. Nelson’s favorite blog list?  You know this is true.

Well not for me anymore.

I am done writing for you.  Yes, you, the person reading this. 

I am writing for me from now on.

To share how I’m feeling, whether I think you will want to read it or not.

I will share all my feelings, and some of my secrets.  Although, some of you might have guessed who I am, and by now I’m sure a decent amount of you know who I am.

So what, so what if you know who it is behind the computer screen.  Yeah, its me.  Behind your computer screen, its you.  So we are equal.

Maybe I know who you are, maybe I’ve figured that out.

But what have I got to lose?  I’m not trying to impress any of you.  Especially not anymore.

It’s time this blog got real.  Not that is wasn’t before, but MORE real.

I’m not here to mess around or please anyone anymore.  I’m writing to no one.  I’m writing to me, for me.

6 comments:

  1. Sooo true! I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no intention of ever writing for anyone's else but me. I came into this blogging thing stubbornly and sure I was going to lose. But Nelson liked my blog once- I got some comments and suddenly I felt like I was writing for everyone else.

    I know EXACTLY how you feel, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that's how it is right... I just realized I am righting for everyone but me... Thanks is all I can say

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. Like I said to you once before (I think)....you're one of the realest out there. Keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete