Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Remember Us. Young and Reckless.


Remember Us.

Look where we’ve come, I never thought I would be here, in your arms, right now.  But there isn’t any other place I would rather be.

I remember the first time I saw you.  We were in the ninth grade, you were rebellious, and I was innocent.  It seemed as though you had already experienced the World, and I was still standing on my front door step.  I had never done anything against what my parents had told me, you broke all the rules.

I remember our first kiss.  We had spent months getting to know each other.  I was hesitant at first, but there was something about you that I just couldn’t resist.  You and your gang had made a clubhouse from an old shed in our friends’ backyard, you called me over and they were all there with you.  In the shed, lined along an old couch you guys had purchased at the D.I.  The night was ending, and you asked me to come lay outside with you, so I did.  We were wrapped in a blanket, I looked up at you, and you leaned in and kissed me.  WOW.  The sparks were flying.  All while your friends watched from inside the shed.

From that point on, you became my everything.  We spent a lot of time together, and a lot progressed into every day.  Not a day went by without you by my side.  We shared a passion that I knew no one else had.  You had given me everything, and we shared the World with each other.  It was a fire that could never be put out, that’s what a first love is.  And it’s young, and it’s reckless, and it feels so perfect.  It’s like you’ve lost all control of yourself, and you’ve trusted someone else with it.  Because they are your other  half. 

And you’re lost without them.

7 comments:

  1. You had given me everything, and we shared the World with each other.

    stole this. Love this line a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seemed as though you had already experienced the World, and I was still standing on my front door step.
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the first time i saw you. we were in ninth grade, you were rebellious and i was innocent. It seemed as though you had already experienced the world, and i was still standing on my front doorstep.

    stole that whole paragraph--loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It was a fire that could never be put out, that’s what a first love is. And it’s young, and it’s reckless, and it feels so perfect. It’s like you’ve lost all control of yourself, and you’ve trusted someone else with it."

    WHOA.

    ReplyDelete